If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, September 12, 2014

Highlights and low spots from the last 3 weekends

I did not mean to take such a long blogging break. 
3 weekends ago, we had a big group here for a meal - I think there were 16 of us. 
The main course was make your own taco salads. 
The day before, I cooked a Dutch oven full of seasoned ground beef. We also had Ranch style beans, tortilla chips, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, assorted salsas, grated cheese and sour cream. 
This menu was easy and a crowd pleaser. This is son Bobby showing his Taco Salad. 
The 2 oldest grands were just amazed at how large some of the adults made their salads. They were giggling as they described the big salads as volcanos with lava on top and running down the sides. 

This is a silly selfie that I took in the bathroom after Andie took a bath - I love this little sweetie! 


2 weekends ago, I went to my parents house with my husband and son Jimmy.  We visited and I did a little cooking and we all cleaned out some more storage spots. 




1 weekend ago, my husband and I were out to do a couple errands. We were traveling south on a 4 lane road. Another driver was going north on this same road. Then she decided to turn west and she turned right in front of us. My husband tried to stop but it happened so fast and we collided. 
That's our car- a 2014 Juke with 6000 miles- 
Both our airbags deployed and that is an experience I hope I never have again.
This is the other drivers car. Her daughter was in that car seat during the collision. They were both unhurt except for a cut on the little girls head where the broken window glass blew in on her. 
I still can't believe this young mother was so reckless to turn her car into ongoing traffic, especially on the side where her daughter was.  
If my husband had not braked as much as he did, we would of collided where the child was and I think she would of had much worse injuries. I am so thankful it was not as bad as it could of been. 


The airbag deployment hit me hard. I went to the ER and was Xrayed. Nothing is broke or fractured but  I have acute sternal contusions - meaning deep bruising that still has me sore and doing everything a lot slower. 

The mother was ticketed and we all have insurance so all the vehicles will get repaired or replaced.
I just hope when she is back behind the wheel that she drives a lot more cautiously. 




And a funny for you - those grandchildren sure get old fast, don't they? 


I'll be back blogging but it may be awhile....... 

19 comments:

  1. Yikes! Accidents happen so fast, but the results linger for a long time. Glad to hear you have no lasting damage; take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! Auto accidents are always so frightening to me. I am so glad all involved did not suffer any long term injuries.
    Praying you recover quickly,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your accident. I always worry about airbags as I am only 5 ft and I sit close to the steering wheel. Grateful that the injuries weren't more severe.

    Love little ones fresh from the bath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I am glad you are okay but it is terrible you had to go through this. I had noticed you hadn't posted in awhile and was hoping you were just busy. Glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that both of you are alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief so sorry about the wreck and the pain that you are in !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad everyone was o.k. for the most part. Very scary. Great food though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I am so sorry about the accident. God had His hand on that child I would say. Take care and rest! I know how that sternum bruise feels as I have been there from an accident many years ago and it is not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankfully no one was seriously injured. My sister in law had an accident and her airbag went off on her. She looked like she had been hit by a huge truck with all the bruising. We love making our own taco salads. Tonight is bean and cheese burrito night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, I'm sorry. Hope that the bruising and soreness gets better each day. I'm glad that the accident wasn't worse too.
    Your taco salads look delicious! Love the photos of the grands and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhonda, so sorry to hear about the accident. Glad all are okay. Supper is cooking and I am hungry and the taco salad looks so darn good. Cute pictures of the grandkids and you. Get any more goodies from your mom for your sewing room?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I wondered if something was wrong since we have heard from you in awhile. So sorry to hear about the accident. My husband was hit by a driver and she turned into traffic as well. His airbag went off and bruised his face, and he had a major bruise from his seatbelt as well. The healing time seems to take forever, but I am glad you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad no one was injured more than they were. If your husband had not been over-alert the results could have been very different. Hope the other driver learned a valuable road lesson. ( I only hope when I make driving errors no one else is impacted by it. Likewise for everyone around me who is driving also.)
    Glad you are back, I have missed reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,

    I seldom comment on blogs but I have enjoyed visiting yours. I am sorry about your car accident. I am thankful everyone is OK. Someone backed into me as I was sitting in my car with my kids in the parking lot at the doctor's office. I have yet to get the damage assessed but accidents are not fun for sure.

    Maybe the young mother in the other car had her eyes open...

    I used "your" bread recipe today. I still do not have the art of bread making down but am coming along.

    Best regards,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. That same thing happened to us back in 2010! We had slowed to almost stop because the cars next to us stopped and to allow a car to turn and cross-- being on the outside lane --they didn't see us (with the right away) and we didn't see them until it was too late.
    Thankfully, all had insurance, they were at fault and there were no injuries.
    That selfie of you and Andie is so cute. I see a family resemblance for sure.
    Glad all are ok-- and you'll be back soon.
    Oh! I almost forgot...
    we love make your own taco salad and it is ridiculously fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rhonda,

    I was worried and going to email. I'm glad you are OK. That stinks about your car. My hubby and I were in a bad accident a little over a year ago. They stink and are painful. I too hope that mom learns to drive.

    Glad your OK.

    Big Hugs from the south part of the state,

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, Rhonda - I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident! That is SO scary. I'm just glad no one was seriously injured, though sounds like you're going to be sore for awhile. You have to wonder what that young woman was thinking, like you said. Obviously, she wasn't. Wow. On a happier note, those taco salads look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐